Trimess

Thursday, November 3, 2011

And so it begins-THE HARASSMENT OF A TRIMET BUS DRIVER/BLOGGER

Today when I walked into the garage after my shift I was greeted with TWO BOGUS complaints,the first one is a "call stop" violation
The funny thing about this is that I actually do call my stops. It appears I am not "precise" enough when I am calling my stops. This is the second time I have been through this. There is nothing more discouraging than getting punished for a job that your already doing but our (mis)management does not have the the decency to provide us with a call stop list or an explanation as to what you are doing wrong.

On my way home tonight I decided how I will handle this, see the video.






Now the second complaint, it has nothing to do with Trimet and I will not be providing them with any explanation. For readers of the blog the movie referred to in the 'complaint' was given to me AS IS. The laughing that was heard was recorded by the person who made the video, I had nothing to do with the production of that video.


It's certainly obvious to me that I am the target of coordinated harassment. I am up to meeting this tyranny head on...stay tuned!

3 comments:

punkrawker4783 said...

Thats funny, I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER heard ANY operator announce zone boundaries. I rarely hear announcements of Transfers, or what bus line we are crossing. When MAX announcements go down, i rarely hear the operator make ANY announcements.

Sounds like this person had their headphones in.

Al M said...

It's harassment Chad, pure and simple.

J said...

Seconded. The only times I hear zone boundaries are on buses that have automatic call stops. Never heard an operator do it.
I also don't hear any operators doing external announcements at stops served by more than one route outside of the downtown area, and downtown the buses are usually the kind that do that automatically.
I do agree that TriMet should follow the ADA, not just because it's a federal mandate but also because it's good service. That being the case, shouldn't it be a priority to replace all the older buses that don't automatically announce the stops/fare zones/etc.? Seems strange that only operators stuck on old equipment are going to get targeted for this.