Trimess

Sunday, April 10, 2011

TEMPEST IN A TRANSIT BUS-great title!

I consider myself an avid Transit user having taken the bus every day for the past three years. I always know what time the bus is supposed to come, where I'm going and where I'm supposed to get off. If I am unsure about a route, I'm comfortable and capable of asking the driver.
To say I was annoyed when Transit first introduced calling out every stop from inside the bus would have been an understatement. Obviously, this new system wasn't meant for my enjoyment but I understood why and how the new system would benefit those whom it was for.
It took a few weeks until I had myself trained to tune out the constant voice. Having an MP3 player or other means of distraction with me helped a lot during the transition. I managed to find a happy medium between an enjoyable volume of music that would drown out the constant reminder of where I was headed and would not upset my fellow passengers.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/tempest-in-a-transit-bus-strongsenior-vs-seniorstrong-119557374.html

No comments: