Trimess

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Union meeting roundup-part 1


I'll go through my notes and prepare a better summary of what happened at today's meeting, writing in the most general of terms of course since the paranoia of our president about information 'getting out' continues in full force.

The event that everybody basically came for was the by law change which would have prohibited any person who has been convicted of a DUI or traffic tickets from serving as union president.

The majority did vote for passage of that amendment but it was less than the 66% required for passage.

I personally abstained from voting for the following reasons;

I am personally against ALL MANDATORY SENTENCING LAWS and this is a form of mandatory sentencing.
I never had a real problem with Jon getting a DUI, he's human and suffers from the occasional mistake as we all are.
My issue with Jon is his tyrannical control over union affairs.
I am also having a problem with this ongoing persecution of our president.
We have had two preferring of charges against him, both have failed. Continuing efforts to persecute Jon are counterproductive.
The election is close at hand, we can choose a new leader at that time. Right now we have to stick together and stop this bickering.
I agreed with the by law change in principle and agree that our leaders should be held accountable to the same standards we are.
But I feel the standards that we are forced to live with are unreasonable, why should we impose that unreasonableness on our own?
That is why I abstained, the only person to do so.

The other major dispute was allowing DEE WILLIAMS, founder of the largest on line community of ATU 757 union operators on the internet,Union Brothers and Sisters1, to be allowed to use her computer to take notes.
Jon did not want her's, or any other electronic devices to be used during the meeting.
A vote of the membership was taken and the majority sided with Jon and Dee was forced to turn off her computer and I had to put my cell phone away so I did not live blog the meeting after my first post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple question: do you believe that George W. Bush should have been impeached?

Al M said...

do you believe that George W. Bush should have been impeached?

~~~> Yea, he was responsible for the deaths of innocents.