- Position Summary
- The Web & Social Media Coordinator supports the TriMet brand and drives customer engagement through the development and promotion of targeted and relevant digital content. Produce and maintain content for TriMet websites and social channels that improves the rider experience, builds community, mobilizes advocates and raises public awareness of the benefits of transit. Perform social media listening and community management functions. Assist in developing and executing customer-facing campaigns in support of product, brand and marketing initiatives. Perform web and service alert updates (including occasional evening and weekend duties). Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
- Essential Functions
Produce, edit and curate content for web and social channels in
support of established branding and communication goals. Collaborate
with web designers to write, design and produce web pages, blog posts,
social media posts, emails and other content including interactive and
social elements. Manage published content in various forms throughout
its lifecycle, including copy, images and video. Create images to
accompany copy using Photoshop and other tools.
2. Oversee community management of social media sites. Monitor, listen and respond to customers, news media, agency partners and other stakeholders in social channels. Participate in public conversations, answer direct questions, correct misinformation and address problems quickly as they arise. Report feedback themes and escalate breaking stories and urgent issues to appropriate staff. Monitor ongoing social and cultural conversations to identify and implement "real-time" opportunities to amplify TriMet’s voice.
3. Develop, either alone or in consultation with other staff, communication strategies, messages and/or creative approaches for TriMet campaigns, programs and products.
4. Maintain an editorial content calendar for all web and social customer channels.
5. Identify opportunities to improve user engagement/user experience and drive action across channels.
6. Produce accurate and timely reports on performance of online channels.
7. Coordinate rider-engagement initiatives such as contests, photo shoots, rider profiles and polls.
8. Make updates to TriMet websites as needed. Monitor sites for out-of-date, obsolete, conflicting or missing content and broken/misdirected links.
9. Monitor news outlets and blogs for relevant transit-related articles that may be of interest to TriMet riders.
10. Serve as on-call resource for urgent service alert postings via cell phone daily, weekends as assigned and outside of office hours during the week when primary on-call Public Information Officers are unavailable.
- Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
Minimum three years professional experience in social media and web content development in support of product, brand, marketing and/or public relations initiatives.
Demonstrated excellent copywriting, copyediting and proofreading skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of characteristics of effective written, spoken and visual communication.
Intermediate to advanced skills in Outlook, Word, content management systems and code editors.
Excellent project management and time management skills.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Selection Criteria
Excellent editorial judgment and ability to write concise and
compelling copy that supports communication goals or creative brief.
Demonstrated ability to tailor content to target audience and channel.
2. Bilingual Spanish copywriting/editing skills desirable.
3. Knowledge of best practices in customer service, social CRM, customer experience, marketing communication, branding, online advertising, mobile apps, responsive design, interaction design, information architecture, content marketing, online video, ecommerce, web/mobile design, writing for the web/mobile, writing for social media and website usability.
4. Ability to transform disparate pieces of information into a format that is inviting, scannable, compelling, concise and sharable.
5. Strong customer focus, customer service skills and ability to represent TriMet to customers, external stakeholders, partners and vendors.
6. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with frequent interruptions.
7. Passion for and knowledge of public transit.
8. Tech-savvy and ability to learn new software/tools/platforms quickly.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, the elderly, persons with disabilities and/or other vulnerable populations.
10. Excellent interpersonal, analytical and collaboration skills. Positive attitude and a desire to learn and grow.
11. Ability to effectively work independently and within a collaborative team environment.
12. Available for offsite on-call duty, occasionally nights and weekends.
13. Familiarity with layouts, fundamentals of graphic design, typography and use of style guides for copy/voice and visual design.
14. Ability to crop photos, create layers, add text, resize elements, export web-optimized images and perform other basic functions in Photoshop.
16. Demonstrated skill using web browsers, social media sites, software-as-a-service web applications, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel, WordPress or other CMS, Microsoft Office/Outlook, FTP software, CRM, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, HTML/CSS/XML and mobile platforms.
17. Keen attention to detail.
18. Demonstrated ability to type accurately.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA:
Grade 11, Exempt, Non-Union.
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/Resume & Cover Letter
2. Supplemental Assessments
3. Panel Interview
4. References & Degree Verification
It is your responsibility, and to your benefit, to describe in detail how your education, training and work experience meet the requirements of the position for which you are applying. If applicable, please provide at least ten years of your work history, including any volunteer and internship experience you may have. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and letters of recommendation with your application.
Online applications are permitted five attachments; however each attachment is limited to 5MB. Please include your attachments in the "Resume Attachment" section (please try to combine documents as much as possible). A second option for attaching multiple documents is to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attach them to your online application. You may also fax your materials to 503-962-3477 or 503-962-7440. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes will not be considered in lieu of a completed application.
To apply, please visit our website at http://trimet.org/careers
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we currently only contact applicants who are highly qualified and most closely match our job requirements.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and submit supporting documentation with your application by the closing date of this recruitment. Documentation must be attached to your application.
Persons needing an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process should contact TriMet Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 711. A minimum of two workdays notice prior to the need for accommodation is required.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
- (503) 962-7505
1800 SW First Avenue Suite 300
Portland, Oregon, 97201.