Trimess

Monday, July 23, 2012

SEEN ON FACEBOOK

Fare Inspector insists that 'there is no entrapment involved' in issuing citations:

I'm some one who enforces the fare. Having tvm that don't work make it hard to enforce the fare. If I come across some one who claims a tvm does not work I'll wright them a citation then verify if the tvm is working or not if it is not working I void the citation so no entrapment involved. If their are too many tvm's down in an area I like to go check busses it makes it hard to enforce the fare when I step on a bus and everyone has an all zone ticket this is as bad as down tvm's in my opinion so please give people what they pay for. And on a last note Trimet does now get money for the citations that I write but not very much after the fine gets lowered to $50-$60 and none if they do community service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is "write" not "wright."

I question your justification and the legality in writing a citation regardless if the customer/citizen informs you the TVM was not working.

You state you later void that citation. However, you have already collected (illegally) a citizen's private information and delayed or impacted their transit travel without any authority to do so.

I suspect not only is your action illegal, it is likely prohibited under TriMet SOP.

Risky practice..best you check on your tactics with your immediate supervisor.