Trimess

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What is the matter with this city?

How in the world do people get so ridiculously excited about a cell phone application that allows you to buy fares with your phone?
It's a freaking ticket to ride mass transit for crying out loud.
I guess that Portland area residents have suffered such inhumane treatment at the hands of Trimet regarding the TVM's that the hint of any relief brings uncontrollable joy. I find it bizarre. And Trimet has been using this as a distraction from its miserable failure with its TVM's, as if every thing has been forgiven.
Once again the careful use of propaganda has created this mass hysteria. Just proves how easily the minds of the masses are manipulated.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is more convenient to just be able to buy fares on your app on your phone. I think that's why people are excited about it.

Al M said...

It's portlandia

Max said...

I get excited every time I get a tool that means one less thing I have to carry around all the time, and one less errand. In this case, it means not having to carry around unvalidated tickets in my wallet, and not having to go to the customer service desk to purchase books of tickets from ticket outlets.