Trimess

Friday, February 8, 2013

PORTLAND'S FAVORITE BUS DRIVER SUFFERS THE TRIMET TREATMENT

I used to refer to the "Trimet treatment' constantly when I was making my daily videos while working there.
The 'treatment' I refer to is the complete lack of competent management review of incidents. It happens to employees, it happens to riders. 
The institution known as Trimet seems to be unable to react to legitimate concerns but is also unable to discern incidents that are not even true or misidentified.
It's one of the great things about not working there, no more suffering the Trimet treatment.
I suffered many instances of Trimet treatment, in the end it was enough to get me to leave.

But Dan Christensen to suffer this treatment is unbelievable, really!
Don't they even know who he is? Well, they most likely don't have the slightest idea who he is or what he has done since being a bus driver at Trimet. That after all is the Trimet way, talk out your ass and make your organization look like its run by morons, which it apparently is.

Something happened yesterday that made me laugh. Sometimes something very small happens that defines Trimet in it’s entirety. Like senseless rebuilding of fences and ascetic landscaping in a bus driver parking lot in the middle of a budget problem. That’s right we can’t pay you bus drivers this year but we need to pay to plant new flowers around your parking lot and field.. you know where no one ever cares to look. Sometimes it’s the small that truly reveals what’s wrong with Trimet on the large scale.  
So I was off from the 29th of Jan until the 7th of Feb but when I came into work I had interoffice mail. I opened the envelope and there is a complaint. 
A complaint? How do you get a complaint when you have been home sick?
I go see my manager and he swears it's me. I show him the incident date and it says the 30th of Jan. 
"That can't be me I was out sick" I say. 
"No it's you" He says adamantly.
I offer up my doctor notes. "No look I was off those days"
"You wanna see the video?" He asks smugly “I’ve seen it, it’s you” 
Read the full post HERE!