Trimess

Thursday, March 14, 2013

MAX FAQ's exposes Trimet lies and cronyism

"here's your sign"
This is one of the best examples of investigative journalism on the subject of Trimet I have ever seen.
The author has taken all the various instances of Trimet excessiveness  and tied them together!

So former director of operations Bob Nelson (currently receiving a pension of about $48k/year from TriMet; had left the agency in 2007 making just shy of $160k/year) is coming back as “Interim Deputy General Manager” and I’m sorry, all I can think of when I hear that is this:
But wait, it gets better. The purpose of his job will be to assess the position of Deputy General Manager and determine if it should be permanent. Man, I wish someone would give me a 6-figure salary, and then at the end of a year ask me if they should keep paying me that (on top of the pension I’m getting that’s already more than many people make in a year). Do we really think he’s going to say, “No, this isn’t the best use of TriMet’s resources”? Anyone who would say that, well, here’s your sign.

Read this excellent article at MAX FAQs

No comments: