Trimess

Thursday, May 24, 2012

CONFESSIONS OF A RETIRED TRIMET BUS DRIVER

After the altercation with Bike Portland and the Marcus Griffith dispute that lead to several manufactured complaints (rumor has it that all the phony complaints were written  by Mr Griffith) I began audio taping my entire day at Trimet.

Every single conversation that I had with with everyone during my work shift is in a library of audio tapes in my possession.

Towards the end of my employment I was called into the office for 'not calling stops' and given a warning.
It was said on the "Stalinist" report that I called NO STOPS.
(Trimet has adopted the techniques of Josef Stalin by using First Transit 'spies' that masquerade as passengers and make anonymous complaints that were taken as gospel that drivers could not see or dispute)

I checked that days tape and could prove it was a lie.

Of course Trimet rules prohibited drivers from audio or video recording riders/drivers without their express permission. (Trimet records everything without permission)
So I couldn't roll out my evidence to prove my innocence. I got the hint though, the management had gone to the length of manufacturing bogus complaints on me, which means they wanted me out.
Hence on my 58th birthday I obliged them.

I didn't go to their parties or participate in their little events because I knew they were phony.
They didn't like me and I didn't like them. The management has turned unethical since Mcfarlane (thinking he is the "new sheriff in town") took over the operation.

The only good thing about working at Trimet from my point of view, if you can actually take the abuse for 10 years or more, you can make some money and get a small pension with benefits. (for now)

I would recommend to any Trimet employee working directly with the public to take steps to protect themselves since the company refuses to to do anything to protect their employees.

The  irony of my resignation, I was one of the best operators they had. Stellar safety record and almost no complaints and none about me personally.

I listen to the dispatch channel on my scanner now and can really see how good I really was.

As in most organizations with incompetent management,  they tend to chase the competent employees right out of their organizations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad story. However it is true. What will it take to turn the spies on the managers?

Anonymous said...

When Al Margulies was getting bombarded by the Bike Portland media...many of us noted that the single indidvidual with questionable character (Griffith) was getting the most play and attention from TriMet and local media.


Margulies, a long-time employee with an impressive safety and customer service record, stood alone. Margulies did not receive transparent and direct support or guidance from the TriMet PIO, the Operations "Director" nor an ATU spokeperson.

When TriMet lost the Bond Measure..the Agency soon began a path of rereat, secrecy, and attack. Margulies, Lynn Lerbach and several other long-term employees were sabotged and soon exited. Despite crtical budget issues, new positions were created- a Diversity Director w/ little or no professional background, a former employee rehired as Safety Director. Steadman..Labor Relations..?? A rehired employee to manage LIFT Services..forward movement within this agency ended.

Not necessary to spy. However, it is critically important to continue the truth and transparancy through Margulies' Blog and other non-traditional sources.