Trimess

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Drivers respond to ruling-from private union facebook discussion page

This is getting worse by the minute ... what the hell is going on! I pray that Bruce and jon have something up there sleeve or we are in trouble in so many ways! I am so upset ... i could not stop thinking about all this on my pm piece and will be the first to say that this is affecting my job performance ... driving mad is not good

```````````````````````
The only actual raise I ever received was in 1999 when that contract bumped monthly rated employees up a couple of bucks. One raise in almost 20 years. But as far as I'm aware operators and mechanics haven't received one in at least 21 years. In fact in 1995 the starting operator wage was cut by 27%.
-------------------
that is very sad. Like I said my Cost Of Living has gone up it seems every time i turn around and know I am not alone. Between, fuel, utilities, road fees where I live, food, etc.... It is also sad that even though the arbitrator went against the union, it was a shallow victory as the arbitrator found so many issues and things not right and possibly unlawful that no one can raise their head very proudly. The only possible bright side is that we have a new contract coming up....ok, then again.....
--------------------
That is exactly why I don't get the ruling ? With arbitrator finding so many wrong,and questionable things in offer and most of all ,,contract expires in 4-5 months ! and new negotiations are starting soon,,so why?
----------------------
When we won the decision with the ERB, and they posted the percentages of COLA increases, it worked out to approximately $2.00/hr increase. So it's really frustrating and confusing as to why the arbi-TRAITOR has agreed to a measly $1.27 AND screwing us on the benefits. I'm ready for Bruce to kick some management a$$!!
--------------------
And for the arbitrator to find so many things wrong with trimet's side and one thing on ours, makes me wonder if they're in someone's pocket. Their decision and logic is perplexing!
==================
Funny how most, if not all, the transportation managers are at a "retreat" today. I bet the supposed $5-million they claim they'll save will go toward management raises, bonuses, etc. I have to step away from this for a few moments. I'm so mad I can't see straight and my blood is boiling.
=================
A majority (58%) are on Regence . I'm sure that will go down to 0% after this ruling, which is exactly where mgt. wanted it to be. Once they get us all on the cheaper plan look for them to try to get us tou pay a percentage of premium costs for that plan at the table for the next contract. Just sayin....
=========================
Just do the bare minimum job requirements. Obviously going the extra mile doesn't amount to the contents of a portopot at many of our layovers, so why bother?
======================

Am I in some way obligated to drive 'the get-away vehicle' for a person who is attempting to unlawfully ride without valid fare? If my personal ethical beliefs prevent me from becoming a party to someone elses unlawful behavior can 'the people' hold me to account for tying up the bus until either valid payment is made or the person elects to leave? If we all applied that principle consistantly, "I'm sorry, sir/ma'am, valid fare is required to ride the bus," how slow, or rather how fast would this transit system come to a grinding hault? I'm just askin'...
====================
I have been with trimet since 2001.. I used to look foward to coming to work.. now I come to work and see people just trying to make a paycheck. Trimet has beat us up too much, happy workers are productive workers. I thought for the longest time that I would retire from trimet.. now I find myself looking for other avenues. What trimet will end up with is new employees with no experience and bo busses. My question is... why do they want trimet to implode? Are they not aware that if the company flounders then management loses their jobs also? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, sheesh!
=====================
O... and on the note of slow down.. nice theory, but it has to be a united decision. EVERYONE has to do it. As scared as I am to strike, it may be our only choice. Tm breaks the rules, doesn't that mean we can stike?

1 comment:

LB said...

so now that TM doesnt have to pay for officer mark offs and this goes back to Dec.1,2009. are they taking this from the pay checks of those officers?

How much is this going to set the ATU 757 back $$$$.Mr. Gaba did a huge dis service to the very idea of fairness. What this does is boxes in every union member an adds further fear into the work place. Trimet has already won over the media and turned the general public into an attack machine.
I guess tht is why so many of the driver are on mood control drugs.