Trimess

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Confusion reigns

Well I attended the sign up and what ended up happening is that I ran into Sandy Guengrich and Jeff Ackerson and the conversation ended up being about the impending arbitration.
And what came out of those conversations is that if we LOSE this arbitration all of the current Trimet employees retirement will be based on $42/mo.
Research provided us with information that explains that the $42/mo was based on 1992 figures. According to a formula that amount has been increased each year since then.
However the sheet we received does not indicate that, which means either there is critical information missing from the union sheet or the company wants everybody to go back down to 1992 levels of pension.
Also I ran into Randy Steadman on the elevator and he told me that option 2 for the union is not an option and the time is up for final offers.
It's in the arbitrators hand, one or the other.
As usual Trimet says white/the union says black.
I didn't hang around for the sign up, I left it in Sandy Guengrich's hands.
I'm not sure if I am going to hang around with all the uncertainty.
--------------------------------------------------
I just got further information that Proves that Mr Steadman was wrong about the final offer two weeks before the final arbitration hearing. Why would he tell me that?
Employment Relations Board OVERVIEW OF OREGON'S PUBLIC EMPLOYEE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING ACT (PECBA)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me incredible and irresponsible that at this late date our union officials can't clarify or understand what is in TriMet's final contract proposal. How is it possible that they don't know? This has been going on for a year and a half. If they don't know then how could they negotiate anything? This doesn't speak well for our union leadership.