Trimess

Saturday, January 26, 2013

FEAR RUNS RAMPANT AT TRIMET

I have always been amazed at how many employees at Trimet exist in a constant state of fear. Always worried about 'getting in trouble with Trimet'.
(I personally dislike Ellen Fox, but I will give her credit for having the guts to stand up to Trimet. She is the only other person I know besides myself that  does it)
Take the case of Trimet ripping off its employees paying sub par wages for travel time to relief points.
Many drivers supported the suit, but virtually none have signed on.
The reason: " I need this job".
Then there is our beloved union, which has always been very cautious in getting involved with any of my initiatives.
I can tell you this much, if the union doesn't get behind this and the case comes in victorious, that would be solid proof of the incompetence of our union, who by the way, approved sub par wages for its members.
While I support Bruce fully in his efforts in dealing with the tyrant Mcfarlane, I am tired of waiting for this union to act.
I just lost $180 out of my measly $950 pension, plus I have high deductibles to meet with our new insurance plan.
Sorry but from where I sit the union is not helping us much as of today.
All the victories at the labor relations board have meant nothing to me.

No comments: