Trimess

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Operator "stressed out"

Real Trimet supervisory reports

At 4:55pm I responded to a call that the Operator was tied up at SE 44th & Hawthorne because a person told the Operator that her bus had come in contact with his mirror back at SE 34th and Hawthorne.
I arrived at 5:00pm. I made contact with the Operator but the driver of vehicle # 2 was no where to be found.
The Operator stated that a gentleman came to her front door and stated the she hit his mirror. The Operator told the gentleman that she would have to call for a Supervisor and asked for him to wait. The gentleman left without leaving any information. The Operator thinks he was driving a white car of some sort.
I checked the bus for any kind of mirror contact damage and I did not find any new scrapes or dents or missing paint.
The Operator was stressed out over this incident so so did not drive her run any more at this point and was transported back to Powell garage by Broadway Cab # 641.
I then went to where the driver of vehicle # 2 had stated where the contact was and I did not find any evidence of mirror damage on the ground. I took pictures of this @ 5:57pm. There was no glass on the ground and no broken parts at all.
The Operator was instructed to call Dispatch when she returned to the garage.
Lead X was made aware of this incident.

No comments: