Trimess

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another Trimet board meeting

I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable meetings I have ever attended.
What made it that way was my band of merry Trimet bloggers was all in attendance.

And we all tweeted away as the board meeting progressed, occasionally chatting in whispers with each other. It truly felt like a party atmosphere.
As we waited for what seemed to be the endless business, with an unusually long winded 'goodbye to Steve Clark' presentation (govt officials love to hand each other awards and resolutions) we finally got to the public testimony. And I have to tell you, that was one of the most entertaining public testimony segments I have ever seen. Hopefully we will have the video soon. Good job by Dale, Alex (for Erik), Lane, Cameron, and I hear I did ok too!

My 2 favorite reporters, Joe (L) and Michael (R)

I stopped Travis Stovall and he actually stopped and talked. Travis was upset that I called this board the worst board in Trimet history last month.  I explained to him that it was just 'rhetoric'. All the boards are about equal, but I sure do miss Lyn Lerbach
Ah yes the Trimet board-rubber stamping since 1969

Director Stovall promised to buy us lunch and listen to ourconcerns
And of course Jason, patiently capturing all the action from his post

No comments: