Trimess

Friday, September 7, 2012

Bloggers! Assemble! (My Plan For The September Board Meeting)

So I came up with a plan for the September Board Meeting to really get the board. It's either really brilliant or entirely stupid but either way I'm fervent. I would like to have some people back me up on this; really get some bus riders/drivers in on it.

I am going to present a list of rules to the TriMet Board and Neil under the fact that TriMet is a public servant. I envision them on big pieces of poster paper or perhaps a packet to send to the board members. Preferrably I'd like for them to be visible. I've yet to come up with those rules but mostly it'll be ones TriMet doesn't follow.


Some examples

1) Honesty and transparency.
2) Let the public speak on measures
3) Have riders serve on the board or have an influential committee of drivers/riders.
4) Increase the time limit

And other such things.

Then after I present them all, I call on fellow bus riders and drivers and bring a resolution to enact these new rules on the TriMet board. If they resist, I'll say "Sorry, but you're not allowed to speak on measures." Like a  board ordinance, I ask for a motion, get a second, and put it to the aye/no vote. Then, technically, the riders, TriMet's owners, will have passed rules on the board that they don't intend to follow for one second. Then we can call them out for breaking them.

Mostly this is just symbolism but I really want to make TriMet sweat so I need all the help/ideas I can get. Pitch in writing materials, people power, all that jazz. I'll see what I can get from OPAL for it, but I wanna make this happen.

Help me out! What do you think?

9 comments:

Al M said...

Obviously I love it but I'm OUT OF TOWN during the next board meeting!

I'd be there behind you for this if I could. Great ideas from you, you keep em guessing and keep em off guard.

Cameron Johnson said...

Totally understood, Al. Maybe I'll find something for you to do otherwise. Maybe I will... *evil grin*

Al M said...

I've got the big man himself on my list. He's gonna have to face me in court eventually.

adri said...

How do you come up with such friking brilliant ideas? It's not fair!
Go for it, cameron! Make em sweat! :p

Al M said...

Cameron is brilliant and he has a hell of a future in activism.

Anonymous said...

He is brilliant and he is a force to be reckoned with in activism

Al M said...

Ya I didn't know her though, Laverne Ballard

The Chauffeur said...

Cameron, if you need another rider with video, let me know. In two days I've gotten a LOT of video.

Al M said...

BTW Laverne Ballard was off duty due to an on the job injury