Trimess

Saturday, September 29, 2012

BRUCE HANSEN-"WE MAY LOSE THE MEDIA BATTLE BUT WE'LL WIN THE LEGAL WAR"

I got the call at 5:42 this evening, and [Rose] left me the message, and then he called me again at like 8:50,” the union president said. “I’ve had this conversation with him before – if it’s something he needs to get out quickly, to text me, and I can break away.”
Hansen said he doesn’t think the union will ultimately pay a price for unfriendly media coverage about its legal dispute with TriMet over past benefits. The transit agency is attempting to retroactively charge its workers and retirees for medical costs their previous insurance plan would have covered.
Hansen says TriMet’s actions are illegal, and workers will win in court.
“When the truth is all said and done, I don’t think it’s going to hurt,” Hansen said of Friday’s story. “They’re going to be found unlawfully implementing their decisions again. … We’re going to be right in the end.”

Full article by Michael Anderson is HERE!

1 comment:

Steve Fung said...

I know that ATU 757 is understaffed,but the 1st rule is to return phone calls.