Trimess

Trimess
FOLLOW THE TWITTER FEED FOR UPDATES

Monday, March 9, 2015

ATU members vote NO to majority rule


The proposal was to create  elections where an officer would need to have at least 50% +1 vote to assume office.

In typical fashion the members present at tonight's union meeting voted to preserve the status quo.
I keep hoping that the more enlightened members of the union will stand up and make changes for the better. I am continuously disappointed . 

Its the same feeling I get when I attend Trimet board meetings. I keep hoping that people will wake up and demand accountability,  but I am always disappointed.

I went to the meeting expecting to cast  a yes vote only to be informed that retirees don't get a vote.
Why am I a member of this union?

 They sold us out in the last contract negotiation and we weren't allowed to vote on that either.

Why am I paying one nickel to this union that does nothing for me?

3 comments:

Ryan Beasley said...

I can still vote right?

Ryan Beasley said...

why was it voted down didn't chris Day go and make a powerful speech

Al M said...

We had all the facts. Facts don't matter in the end. the 'machine' appears to be unbeatable