Trimess

Monday, June 9, 2014

Erik Holm knocked over while biking -driver drives off-Trimet ignores the complaint






I should add that subsequent to writing this statement, I filed a report with Milwaukie Police (including this statement), who referred me to Clackamas County and TriMet. Two Clackamas County Sheriff's deputies from the TriMet office at Clackamas Town Center came to the Milwaukie Police station to collect my information and my statement. I was then told that TriMet handles this kind of thing internally. I actually asked the officer if that was so they could easily sweep things like this under the rug and pretend like they never happened. I could see behind his brainwashed eyes that he wanted to snicker. The corners of his mouth quivered ever so slightly while he paused before giving me his preprogrammed response. I was then told to contact TriMet via their 238-RIDE number. When I protested, explaining that all that would accomplish would be getting lost in their robotic maze of transfers, the officer agreed, but then reiterated that I should contact them there. I called this morning at 8:05 am, weaseled my way into some voicemail box for the admin offices, left a detailed message and have not received a response yet.

Immediately following my visit with the officers, I took myself to Urgent Care (as my regular doctor's office was closed for the weekend). After 4 x-rays of my shoulder, they determined that nothing was broken, but I had some soft tissue damage, caused by what the doctor called "momentary shoulder separation". The doctor said that because I had already ridden my bike 7 miles at that point, my body was warmed up and everything was fairly loose, which would explain why I didn't feel the injury immediately. It wasn't until a few hours later when things started to tighten up that the tendons and whatnot that were overstretched became inflamed and started to swell from the trauma.

So far, I'm 30 bucks in out of pocket for copays, and will incur more out of pocket cost this afternoon when I visit my regular doctor, so I will be requesting compensation for all of that, at the very least. I will not be accepting compensation in the form of TriMet tickets, since it seems that's their standard payoff currency.

4 comments:

Jason McHuff said...

Might be too late now (though maybe not seeing it was a 3100), but he should have requested the bus video be pulled. It could show if the bus did make contact.

Adron said...

He should also lawyer up ASAP. Trimet's legal department is at best connected to all sorts of means to suppress issues like this. Not that I need to tell anybody that reading Al's blog.

Erik said...

I called TriMet and left two voicemail messages yesterday, and just left a third one today. I finally got a call back, but when I asked for the case number for this incident, I was told by the woman on the other end that she's "...not at liberty to give me that kind of information." Wow, really?!?

Now, I'm the kind of guy that when I put the ball in your court, I'm not going to walk over to your court to pick it back up and toss it to you again. Due to their lack of response, I had no choice but to contact my legal team. TriMet can deal directly with my lawyers from here on out, I'm done trying. Three strikes, you're out!

This whole thing is ridiculous... :(

Anonymous said...

No police report, not on bike portland.com. Sounds like a scam.