Trimess

Friday, May 3, 2013

Why am I screaming so loudly-I'm gonna keep on trucking

It's been a tough week in the blog world. Trimet transit bloggers are attacking each other and some are not even talking to each other anymore.
It's just been bad, real bad.


And so what does that mean in reality? To me, after existing in this bloggers world for more than 6 years now, it means the end is in sight, and its not a pleasant end for the workers and retirees at Trimet.

Mcfarlane is winning the propaganda war. Basically because they have the power and the money to spread their message. They have strong affiliations in some blog circles and definitely control the main stream media.

But more than that, even when the Trimet executives get caught red handed lying or stealing nothing ever happens, ever.

It just goes on and on and on.

Naturally I turn up my volume when I think things are slipping away.
I might have ruined some relationships in my process of trying to get my message out.
But at least I tried. I tried to call out the various people and groups but in the end it failed, as it always does.

Be 'nice' they say, cooperate, things will go better that way. Who else do we know from history that cooperated with the tyrants?  That cooperation didn't end very well if I remember my history correctly.

I'm going to keep on trucking even if I have to truck on alone

GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK! 

5 comments:

Al M said...

And I am beginning to see why Jack Bogdanski just walked away.

For all of the factual information he provided in the 10 years he wrote that world class blog, what did he change?

NUTTIN!

Max said...

Seems like TriMet only responds to mainstream media outcry or public outcry -- but public outcry only comes from media outcry.

One thing you have to admit is that Joe Rose, and some of the other paper are now covering and being much more critical of TriMet than they used to be. They're starting to pickup (thus magnify) stories that are originating from blogs -- even your own.

Al M said...

Are there any other blogs about Trimet that are critical besides mine?

Correct on the mainstream coverage gets some 'appearance of action'.

However I do not think any of that action is actually 'real'.

The only thing that has changed so far is the hours of service, which occurred due to the joe rose story.

I had been covering similar stories from around the USA and knew Joe was working on something.

Max said...

Al what are you talking about??

There are plenty of blogs that are critical of TriMet in one sense or another. Joe Rose, Ellen Fox, Adron, Red Line, Bojack, Transit Voice, Lane, Portland Transport, etc.

The only blog I can think of that's consistently pro-TriMet is TriMet's own blog.

Al M said...

Joe Rose lately has been good agreed.
Red Line of course.
Bojack is gone.
Transit voice is fairly new (its the union)
Lane, of course.
Portland Transport is not very critical of Trimet.
Ellen hates me (and trimet)